2013. február 9., szombat

A start of a gastronomic journey






My dear reader, you may start to wonder
what I do in this blog not to blunder.
My aim in this project is to show food
and make you think that my blog is quite good.
Each entry takes you to a different age,
so you will finally become food-sage.
By age I mean a literary date;
you'll see why people did not lose any weight.

Our journey begins around year 1000
when English people ate chicken, not Hausen.
Thus, the first work will be Beowulf,
who was always fighting and had to wolf.
The second chosen author is Chaucer,
during his time men did not use saucers.
A man cannot be left out is Shakespeare
whose sheer name invokes cheese, deer, cheers, and beer.
To include Ms. Woolf and other writers,
means that my blog not only rhymes but stirs
authors like Beckett, Huxley, and Rowling
together to stop your stomach growling.

It's important that all authors include
among many items in their work food
and this fact made me think a lot about
why they focus on pork, chicken and stout.
In each entry I will show you a work
and will do everything to make you smirk.
I will try to imitate the work's style
to tell you about food people piled.

Join me, let's eat our way through this venture,
turn this blog into "a gastronomic adventure".


(Picture taken from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjyyxzuoy-_ozBckq7GvG0f8SZy4iC2FgH6yI-VaKoU0Yiq_56hT1130C3GPdgMJhyKH3q2cUDmzg_sWFxNax55ljIyRRvkB3hlyCeRbLgFN78k9Fu2WE9GulParCOPsBzzuWjrDuQNPx2Q/s1600/FoodAppleShakespeare.jpg)

1 megjegyzés: